Monday, April 3, 2017

Tech Tip: Google Timer


When my schedule's especially busy but I want to sneak in 30 minutes for writing or pleasure reading, I sometimes like to set a timer to make sure I don't lose track of time (which I've historically been kind of bad about). That said, the timer on my phone is kind of obnoxious, so when I saw the Google timer option on the Tech Tips list, I knew I wanted to try it. The whole thing was insanely simple to use, and since I typically have my laptop handy when I'm needing to keep track of time in the first place, it was much handier than switching between devices. I also really loved Laura's idea in the post about using timers to set up Internet breaks between getting other work done, and I'm going to have to adopt that tactic for myself sometime; it seems like a good way to ward of stress without totally slacking on responsibilities.

Image Credit: Better Times Watch, by Unsplash. Source: Pixabay.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea on the timer. I kind of blew that tech tip off, thinking it would not be very usful. I have terrible trouble tracking my time. I keep using alarms to remember everything. I have several alarms throughout the day saying, “Don’t forget to eat.” It makes me chuckle these days, but I used to have every minute of my day budgeted out about 5 days ahead at all times. I will definitely go give this thing a try.

    ReplyDelete